Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Snow!

Okay, so it's not a lot of snow by, say, New England standards, but we've had our second snowfall this month -- before Christmas, even! And more snow is forecast for later today thru tomorrow.

When I grew up here, in the 70's to early 80's, snowy winters were common. In 1984, we had measurable snow on Jan 17, Feb 17, March 17, and April 17! I remember because I got married on May 17, but no snow that day. When I married again, it was another 17th -- in December, so today is our anniversary. No snow that 17th either. Today, tho, we'll have snow for our anniversary!

Anyway, on to the snow pictures...

Dan, shoveling snow off the driveway.

kitty cat tracks on my window sill

Snow on the pinon tree in our front yard.

Yesterday, we went to visit a friend who lives up in the foothills, at the end of a forest road, so the boys could sled. No pictures, because my camera had a small mishap when I dropped it in the snow and water got behind the lens. Once I got home, I tried using the blow dryer on it -- at Gary's suggestion -- and it worked! My camera is back!

No comments: