Okay, I've been tagged twice -- first by Katy with the 8 things game, then by Jenny for the Arhive posts. Jenny said she tagged me in the hopes it will get me to post something here. And if you can't count on your friends to drag you outside to play, even when that's the last thing you have any energy or desire to do, then what else are friends for?
I'll tackle the 8 things first, since it will be less work and right now I need some easy sense of accomplishment. Then again, I've already done one of these 'share something no one else knows' things here so there may not be anything readers of my blog don't know about me.
The "rules":* link to the person who tagged you* post the rules* name 8 things others don’t know about you* link to 8 other bloggers
1. Tho I love to have a real dinner for Gary when he's home, when left to my own devices to eat alone, I'm perfectly content to eat cold cereal every night and call it dinner.
2. I am practically unable to back the car out of anywhere more complicated than my own driveway. I hate to back the car any distance, and will circle the parking lot looking for the open double space I can drive thru to front out.
3. And I will go almost any distance to avoid turning left against traffic without a left turn arrow. I routinely drive a mile or more out of my way so I can turn right leaving Will's street, because traffic is so daunting for me there. Even tho it's a left turn from his place to drop him at work, I often turn right then make a u-turn at the next traffic light up the road.
4. I chose the high school I attended -- as a transfer student -- only because my friend's older brother (they lived next door) bet me $10 I'd never get into the other high school.
5. In order to get that high school transfer I signed up for JROTC my entire time in high school -- yes, me the anti-war gal you all know today.
6. My first love in high school was named John Edwards -- no, not THAT John Edwards, but I find it a strange coincidence, and thinking of him I wonder what it's like to share the name of someone well-known.
7. I have the same birthday as Hillary Clinton -- I could say she shares my birthday, but she's older so it was technically hers first. I'm not a big fan of HRC, so it's kinda strange.
8. I am very sensitive about my ears -- I can't stand to have water get in them, and I've yet to find an earphone or hands-free phone ear device I can use. The very idea of having anything inside my ears is just wrong. Really, only one thing on my long list of odd sensitivities. And I used to wonder how my kids turned out so sensitive! Yeah, that would be genetics.
I'm not going to tag 8 other people, tho if there's anyone left on the planet who hasn't played this tag yet, and you'd like to play, consider yourself tagged by me.
Archive Meme Instructions: Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you've written. ... but there is a catch: Link 1 must be about family. Link 2 must be about friends. Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are... what you're all about. Link 4 must be about something you love. Link 5 can be anything you choose. I think this is a great way to circulate some of the great older posts everyone had written, return to a few great places in our memories and also learn a little something about ourselves and each other that we may not know. Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be *newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better....and don't forget to read the archive posts and leave comments!
Favorite family post: Two Such Happy Boys
Friends post : New Year's Day With The Tribe
about me post: this was the hardest, finding a post that's just about me, who I am... okay, so I'll admit I wasn't able to find a post specifically about me. Just last week, I dismantled my 'sacred' blog, tho I did save to my hard drive the posts there with musings I think I'd like to revisit someday. I've been thru those, tho, and still came up empty. Not sure if this means I should blog more about me -- that feels just a little too private, too invasive in recent days, which have been kinda rough and filled with too much transition, too much winter, and too little sunshine. I'll deviate from the game here, giving myself permission to be alone with myself for awhile.
something I love: would of course have to be about Gary, whom I love more than I can say News Musings Gratitude
anything at all: Stream of Consciousness
So, there it is -- two games of tag on my terms.
Off to make snickerdoodles from Diana's yummy-looking recipe, which I found here.