Sunday, April 12, 2009

House of Cards

Dan heard the phrase "house of cards" somewhere on TV earlier today. He came into the bedroom where I was trying to get a few alone to read, and asked me to show him how to build a house of cards. At first, I tried to beg off because I really was tired. Being Dan, he persisted. We often joke that in the dictionary, Dan's picture is listed with the definition for determined.

I tried to build a card house using the cards in a horizontal placement. No go -- these cards are a bit bowed and oft-used. I managed to build one level of vertical cards in lean-to fashion, but I could not get the second story to work!

Twenty minutes -- and several re-starts -- later, Dan had built this --

I took this photo -- pretty amazing, huh?

Dan snapped this shot

No comments: