Thursday, December 14, 2006

bubbles, bubbles everywhere!

On Tuesday morning, the boys called me into their bathroom to see what they had going on. I'll admit I'd been wondering at the reason for all the excited shouts coming from there! Thinking then again, maybe I don't want to know what two young boys are excited about doing together in the bathroom!



They had put two squirts of liquid handsoap into a plastic jar, added water and made bubbles using a hollow staff from a Halloween staff.














Both boys had to show me their technique. Dan has to improvise to reach the sink with the big 'straw' they used.

We talked about how the bubbles got bigger when they added air, and died down if left alone for a few minutes.

Then I said, "guess what happens if you put some shampoo and water in the garden tub and turn on the jacuzzi jets?" They couldn't wait to find out, so I grabbed camera and told them to head to my bathroom, that I'd join them in a minute. I wanted to let them get started on their own.










Here's the tub filled, before the jets came on.
First, tho they realized they'd seen a hair clip fall in the water so they fished it out, worried it would get caught up in the jets. Hey, they know how the jets circulate and to watch out for stuff being sucked in!

The bubbles cresting after the jets were turned on. It took only a few minutes to reach this point, and the excitement was building.

Dan watching it spill over moments later....

The final results -- well, actually there were more bubbles everywhere, which meant I had to abandon my camera in favor of towels.


Later, drain the water, leaving behind lotsa bubbles. Add two boys in swim trunks, some bubble artwork on the mirror and now I have the cleanest kids in town!

1 comment:

~Crystal~ said...

Classic!!!! What kiddo has not dreamed of doing that!